Something new...


Voyage to the Mystic Jungles of Guyana Reid, Soayna, Darshen return from Guyana jungle coast to Georgetown North Carolina to support his father -- contact This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it


To view, inquire and purchase original Reid Stowe art go to his art website


Reid Stowe returned to Terra Firma on Thur June 17 2010 - 1152 days at sea

Video: NYTimes - Reuters - NYHarbor Flotilla - Into the Void  - Sailin Away - More

Articles: NYTimes - GuardianUK - CNN - NYDailyNews - AP/Yahoo - BBC - HuffingtonPost - NBCNY

New York Magazine; New Yorker MagazineCruising World Magazine; NYC to Bermuda

Anchors Dragging
Sunday, 22 July 2012
July 18, 2012

Slowly, slowly we became aware that our anchors must have been dragging. When the current went down we stayed in the same place on the side of the river a little ways off the big bamboo grove. When the tide rose and the current flowed strongly in and the stress became harder on the stern anchor we drifted over more to the middle of the river. I pulled in on the stern anchor so the two anchors were tight holding us in line with the current no matter which way the current flowed.  It could have been the bow anchor that dragged and made the stern anchor appear loose. I took up on both anchors and this kept us in place for another few weeks. I have been very concentrated with work so I really didn’t want to spend time maneuvering the boat. Most maneuvers on this schooner take a lot of work and time. I was glad that we had been securely anchored for almost five months and could concentrate on our work.

Finally one afternoon on the rising tide the schooner dragged out past the middle of the river and I knew we were going to have to re set our anchors. We kept working until it was late in the afternoon and time for our workers to go home so I decided to do our maneuvering the next day. The tide changed and started to go down and we fell back into our normal position.

We had a beautiful full moon rise through the palm trees over the village of Supenaam where all the kicky bowed fast ferry boats moored between poles stuck down into the water. There was no wind and the moon’s long liquid orange tongue reflection pointed at us across the glassy river. The river’s powerful flow was hidden in the beautiful moon light.

In the night I woke up to check things out. It was very disorienting to see that our stern was in the mud in the jungle on the opposite side of the river. I knew we had to get out of there before the eight foot tide went down and left us high and dry so I woke Soanya up to help.  When I started the motor Darshen woke up to see what was happening. Soanya gunned the motor and we drove out of the jungle. We had no control with an anchor off the bow and the stern holding us broadside to the current. Even with the motor in neutral, before we could figure out what to do we plunged the bow with a loud crash into the bamboo grove on the other side. I was afraid our figureheads on the bow would break. Soanya put the motor in reverse and pulled us out, breaking more bamboo as we exited.

I quickly loosened the stern anchor. As the one and a half inch thick nylon anchor rode paid out the stern fell in line with the bow and we stopped drifting sideways up the river. Bit by bit I pulled the stern anchor line up to the bow so that both anchors held us as we now faced down river. There was not much else I could do at this point but wait for the tide to change and monitor the anchor lines as we turned around. It was bright outside in the moonlight, but we had awnings set the full length of the schooner and I needed my little head lamp to see my way over all the work projects spread out on the deck. Broken bamboo littered the front half of the deck. I laid down back in bed, but didn’t really go to sleep.

At dawn we turned around with the tide and found ourselves in another position closer to our original spot. At eight thirty our two workers arrived and we began the process of shifting our anchors. This requires a lot of heaving and winch work. We set out a lot of scope on both anchors, then began tightening them up by motoring in forward and reverse and taking up the slack. We began to realize that our 75 pound plow stern anchor with its 100 feet of one half inch chain would not hold. We tried re setting it, but it just would not hold. I couldn’t understand because it held us for almost five months. I figured the bottom of the river must be sand because the anchor was clean when we pulled it up.

After much indecision I decided to tie a line to trees on the shore. My main worry was that the tide and current would sweep us broadside against the shore, but I was counting on the two anchors in the river to keep us off. We tied four lines to trees on the shore. The river is very deep right up to the jungle here and we can almost touch the bamboo leaves. We were told to grease our anchor lines to keep the creatures off, so I did that. Now we seem to be holding our position on the edge of the river. We marvel at the beauty of the jungle, but it is time to get back to work.

Darhsen called out, “Mommy, Daddy, there’s cats in the trees next to us!”

I looked and it was a band of monkeys, grey with black circles around their eyes in the bamboo right next to us. One monkey walked out on a piece bamboo and could have jumped onboard. He sat and looked at us as we ran for the camera, but the other monkeys called him back and he ran away.
My First Hindu Wedding
Sunday, 22 July 2012
July 9, 2012

On our Sundays off work our little family has been exploring the Essequibo coast between the Essequibo and Pomeroon rivers.  The land here is all under sea level so most of the coast is protected by sea and dams. Our favorite beach has whitish sand and a little dark water river that flows out to the sea. This is where a group of fishermen go out to net tiny shrimp. They say there are plenty out there. When we spoke to them about our lives they said, “Oh you must go to meet the school head master Sir Maydha”. Since his house was nearby and it was a late Sunday afternoon we decided to drop in for a visit. The coast road where his house is located is lined with bright orange flowered Flamboyant trees. He and his wife were very friendly and showed us around their neighborhood. Just down the beach were the cremation grounds .Before we left he took us in his tiny highly decorated private temple and invited us to his daughter’s wedding where there would be 600 people.

When we arrived on the wedding day there were so many people the we debated about not pushing our way in. Soanya was dressed in a beautiful pink dress with gold trim and Darshen and I were wearing our matching black and white church clothes. We were ushered in and walked down the isle past the low stage where the bride and groom, musicians, parents and pundit sat cross legged. Everybody wore traditional dress. The groom wore a royal turban and the bride’s face was covered with beads. Just as we passed the stage some people got up and we sat down in their spots on the floor. We were exactly behind the stage, but discreetly situated to watch the ceremony from a front row seat. We were almost in the way of the musician who played the harmonium, which is a little hand pumping organ. All the musicians were sweating from their efforts and Darshen was mesmerized watching and listening to his favorite music, especially when the lady sang. The pundit began asking questions, which he said the bride and groom should answer “Yes” to. Then the bride and groom were tied together with a scarf and they began marching around a fire which they threw incense in. Then they were covered with a white sheet! The parents and other people joined in the ongoing ritual. The music got louder and louder, sweets were passed out and then it was announced that everybody could get up and go to the back of the house to eat.

We were curious and hungry so we paraded along with everybody else. The side yard and whole back yard had been covered over with sheet metal roofing to protect the guests from the hot sun and the inevitable rain. His back yard also served as a school room, so there were lots of tables and benches. As soon as we sat down servers began coming around. First we were given beautiful big green lily pad type leaves to eat on. Then each server came around with one item, rotis to eat with (there were no utensils), rice, dahl, vegetables, pumpkin, etc., etc. We were soon full and other people took our places as we got up. We had a chance to talk to Sir Maydha and his wife and a few other people and Darshen played balloons with the kids. We went back out to the wedding ceremony which was till going on. The bride and groom disappeared but soon returned in western wedding cloths. Everybody gave lots of speeches and when that ended modern Indian dance music came on that was so loud, it was an ear shattering experience to walk past the wall of speakers.

It was hot and crowed and we were ready for a swim, so we gratefully exited through the back door and went swimming in the little black river that flowed into the sea.

More on Our Jungle Schooner Rebuild
Friday, 13 July 2012
July 9, 1012
Our work continues in earnest everyday in spite of mosquitos, torrential downpours, tarantullas, burning tropical sun and all the difficulties of jungle survival. Our work continues even as we marvel at the many moods of the bamboo forest next to us, the river that flows both ways and the constant changing symphony of endangered South American nature music.
The most exciting thing we are doing now is bending thirty foot long purpleheart planks around the bulwarks of the schooner. This wood is a very hard top quality tropical hardwood and it would not be possible to bend the wood as much as we do if it was not very long. It is impossible to bend a two inch by six inch by ten foot plank into the curves we need. This is the place to get the wood we need for this job and I went to great lengths to arrive just where we are now. After all the hardships the Schooner Anne has faced and is still facing she deserves the best that will keep her strong and beautiful for a long time to come.
The photo shows part of the long plank I described  bent and bolted around the bow. The cap of two inch purple heart is being screwed down to the two pieces of purpleheart bent on both sides of the bulwarks. We laid the big plank on top of the curved planks and then traced its shape and cut it out with a chain saw. Then we rounded the edges off with a big power planner and ground it down with a heavy grit disc on a big grinder. We will fit another plank out behind this one in much the same manner. This work is difficult and time consuming, but it is a pleasure.
 In the meantime we continue with all the other details that the schooner needs. We work in the motor room and on our electrical system, our rigging, our spars and many other details.  We are rebuilding the interior from the bow to the stern of the boat. Most of the interior was still good but doors were broken, pieces were missing and many pieces had to be removed to get at the insulation and hull behind them. We are also re modeling to make the schooner more beautiful and efficient. I have been doing this for many years. Often during the 1000 day Voyage in the middle of dangerous situations I rubbed against a little detail and marveled at how glad I was that I had done it and how helpful it was and how thankful I am. This kind of care and detailing is what gives the schooner her magic and part of what made it possible for her to sail continuously longer than any boat in history. So now in spite of our lack of funds and not knowing what we will do next or how we will survive we continue to work towards this mysterious elegance.
Purpleheart Wood for the Schooner
Tuesday, 12 June 2012

June 11, 2012


 I have written before about my long relationship with Purpleheart wood from Guyana. It goes back to 1971 when I first saw the wood and heard its unforgettable name in New Zealand aboard the 26 foot gaff rigged cutter Plumbelly.  The Purpleheart beam we now have on the deck was a long time coming. Since we got to Guyana we had a lot of opportunities to get wood. There is a lumber mill within sight of us just up the river, but we have a very low budget so I had to wait for the right opportunity. There are giant rafts of wood that float down the river next to us, but the wood is not milled. Our boat builder friend Nato is now working on his fifth boat in the fifty to sixty foot range. His wood is chainsaw milled for his frames and planks. Some of the planks that are floated up to the shore of his boat yard are two by eight inches and 50 feet long so that one plank stretches the length of the boat. He has been offering us this wood but I just couldn’t figure out how to work with such freshly cut rough wood. Nato’s brother Chevon is also a boat builder, but now he is cutting wood out of the jungle with a portable bandsaw type mill. I have noticed that most of the Greenheart and Moro wood that they use warps incredibly, but they know how to use the wood to their advantage. So I asked Chevon to find some Purpleheart wood for me and I gave him the sizes we needed.


I would like to go up into the jungle with them but we have chosen to stay on the malaria free coastal area and I don’t want to risk it by going up into the jungle. We have had so much work to do on the schooner that I have not been in any hurry to get the wood we need to put around the top of our bulwarks. Finally the wood arrived and we stacked and covered it in Nato’s boatyard. We carried one 31 foot by 2 by 6 inch plank out to the schooner with our Boston Whaler and hoisted it up on deck with our halyards. First we used a twice as light one inch thick plank to get some experience and now we are almost ready to try to fit out and bolt on a big plank. This is very exciting and a little intimidating to have such a piece of wood on the deck ready to become a part of the schooner.


We still have a lot of other jobs going on around the schooner such as rebuilding the Purpleheart wood floor in the cargo hold. We are trying to patch every leak and crack in the fiberglass hull inside and out. We are mostly done outside and the schooner has a very patchy look that blends in with the jungle. We don’t intend to finish paint the schooner until the very end of our rebuild job. Fiberglas repairs inside the schooner require removing woodwork and insulation and putting it all back together again. We have been rebuilding the interior carpentry and sanding and varnishing it outside as we go. We have mostly used tropical hardwoods on the interior and they are varnishing up really beautifully. Most of the wood has sheen so when one looks into the wood closely it appears to have shiny layers whose dimensions can be looked into.


 It is all a lot of hard work but it is satisfying and we must Save the Mighty Schooner. At this point I must add that our biggest difficulty is getting the modest amount of money we need t do the job. Anybody who thinks it was a worthy endeavor to sail on the high seas longer than any man or woman or boat in history, please help us out so we can save the boat that did it and return to civilization. We receive donations through the Pay Pal on our website and we have a tax deductible partner on the front page of our website. We welcome personal letters from anyone interested in talking to us about how we can go forward.

Best wishes to all.


The Family Love Tool Box Top
Wednesday, 30 May 2012
May 29, 2012
We are working very hard trying to repair the schooner and make her seaworthy again and strong enough to live indefinitely into the future. This takes hours of nitty gritty difficult work. One might think I should save all my energies only for that which is necessary to make the boat seaworthy. But what is making a boat seaworthy? I always give the example of the dragons on the bows of the Viking boats. I am sure the men would not have thought the boats were seaworthy with out their figureheads. I feel the same way. I don’t even think about it, I have always sculpted creations for the Gods since I began building my boats at twenty years of age. I have always seen my tools as sacred and carved on them and communicated with them as if they had their own lives. Several of my tools have been with me for 40 years. They deserve to live in boxes that are treasure boxes. We love to live with treasure boxes and sit on them and open and close them. My Dad built one of my tool boxes out of wood we collected in Dominica in the 70’s. The carved turtle top has found a new home and now we are making a new top. The title of the top is Famly Love.
The tool box is made of heavy hardwood, but the new carved top is made of fairly light wood so it is easy to lift and not too dangerous to drop on fingers. The Family Love carving shows my hand with Soanya’s hand and Darshen’s reaching up between ours, all together reaching above the sea and up to the sun and the moon. Many of the doors on the schooner are made of wood so beautiful that I appreciate them as much on both sides, so I finish and carve them on both sides. The toolboxes spend a lot of their time open, so I thought they deserved to also be carved, to make opening them all the more beautiful. The inside of the boxes are carved with floating lotuses. Their timing and magic was affirmed as we took a walk on the beach and looked behind the seawall to see the biggest and most gorgeous violet lotus flowers growing out of the canal.
 We have several more carving projects around the schooner and even in the cockpit with us. Through the geometric cut outs in old purple heart wood the bamboo leaves flicker and wave in the wind. Tropical green shades shift through the day. Monkeys run through the trees and the river carries fallen trees downstream to the sea. Once on a rising tide the current carried a huge tree upstream past us. I worried that tree would land on us when it came back down stream, but we never saw it again. A huge tree snagged on our bow anchor line and it took five of us an hour to saw and break it and push it off. Then it went under the boat. We walked to the stern to watch it come up, but it never did. At slack tide I swam under the schooner to see if it snagged, but it didn’t. I wondered if it got caught in our stern anchor line. By the way, we had some pretty big barnacles on our hull, but it seems the fresh water has washed them all off and now we have a clean bottom and we have not hauled the schooner out of the water in seven years!  
Sandy Beach
Tuesday, 29 May 2012
May 21, 2012
On Sunday afternoons, we take the local mini bus up along the coast of the Essequibo River and out to where the land meets the wide open sea. It is a beautiful flat coastline of bush, coconut trees and occasional tall trees. Looking in towards the land are water-filled rice paddies lined with coconut trees. All of the houses are built facing the coast road instead of facing the sea.
The coast of Guyana is supposed to be lower than the ocean. Most of the coast has a seawall so we can’t see the ocean while driving along. If we do make the effort and look over the wall we see mud flats extending far out and merging with the sea in the far away distance. There aren’t many sandy beaches above the mud flats, but there are piles of rocks that make us feel separated from the ocean.
We had almost given up hope of finding a white sandy beach with little waves rolling in. One day, we spontaneously told the driver of our minibus to let us off at the next place where we could see the ocean. The driver pulled over and we got out at a canal of dark water that was flowing out towards the sea. Along the canal were wooden tables where fishermen could clean their catch. A variety of colorful fishing boats were tied against the banks of the canal.
Looking out to the sea we could see lots of beautiful white sand and one high dune. The wind picked up speed and a rain shower blew in from the ocean. Darshen and I stood on the sand dune and beheld the beach stretching out in both directions as far as the eye could see. The rain drove us back to the fisherman’s collective shed where they stretched their nets out to dry. The fisherman, as all fisherman that I’ve met, were very friendly. They filled us in on how they catch fish and shrimp and that there were plenty of fish in the sea.
When the rain stopped, Darshen and I went swimming. Then we spread a blanket on the beach and had a picnic of our bagged lunch we bring when we go out. Afterwards we went for a long walk down the isolated beach. The jungle behind the beach was accessible by little foot paths that led into it. There were often grassy clearings with tall flower trees hanging with vines. Beautiful butterflies flitted by and big buzzards roosted high in the trees. The jungle clearings were exquisite and at times so uniform that we wondered if man had a hand in their making. Why didn’t bushes grow up in the grassy clearings? As we walked further inland to find our way back to the coast road, the jungle changed into a completely different type of vegetation with skinny spiny palm trees.
We decided this was the nicest secret beach, but we plan to search further in both directions.
Boatlife to the Rescue!
Tuesday, 29 May 2012
May 7, 2012
We are on an adventure in a wild far away place, but our mission, besides growing together towards God and inspiring the world, is to Save the Schooner Anne. As you know, she sailed longer on the high seas without stopping than any boat in history and she did it on contributions and virtually no budget. Thanks to the continued help of such companies as Boatlife we are attempting to rebuild the schooner.
When we originally built the schooner over thirty years ago we sailed the schooner raw down to the Caribbean to finish her off. Little did we know that the work would go on for many more years. One thing we learned was how to work on the schooner on the go in far away places on a small budget. That was part of my reasoning in choosing to come to Guyana. Then there was a long winter coming on in NYC and we didn’t have a host or place to stay. So off we sailed!
Before we left we tried to think of every thing we would need to accomplish this mission, somewhat like we did for the 1000 Day Voyage. Imagine thinking of everything you might need for three years and packing it up nice and tight! If it is not packed up waterproof, then it might be destroyed by the elements. We learned that by experience. We contacted the companies that helped us for the 1000 Day Voyage and it was amazing how many of them said they had fallen upon hard times and couldn’t help us now.
Boatlife company was ready to help and asked us what we needed. I always try to be modest and not ask for too much and Boatlife supplied us with all our needs. The product they made and supplied us with is a rubbery, silicone-like sealant of different mixes for different jobs. When we laid down our wooden deck, we caulked all the seams with Boatlife. Now we are using Boatlife to re bed all of our windows, fittings and new deck woodwork. My experience over thirty years using Boatlife is that the product lasts forever. It has always been the surface or thing that it is attached to that breaks down. So we are doing the best we can to make sure that the work we do is long lasting. Thanks to Boatlife for helping to Save the Schooner Anne!
The Frontier
Tuesday, 29 May 2012
April 12, 2012
Soanya’s View:
We decided to take a walk on the shore just a little way up the river to see what was there. “There” was right on the edge of civilization. Literally. Laid out before us was land that had recently been cleared maybe in the past month or so. The trees were cut down and foliage burned. A house frame stood in the ashes and beyond was space enough to for the eye to stretch before hitting trees outlined against the sky. We were witnessing life on the frontier before sewage and water pipes were installed and before the electrical wires ran through. These are the first non-indigenous people to settle the area. There was even a dispute over who had rights to the land.
The vibe of the land was beautiful. I had the same profound feeling I had when I first visited Supanaam ten years ago and saw a big black bird sweep across the blue sky over a wild valley a little ways up the coast. It was a different world on the land than on the river and the schooner on the river, though we could see the schooner through the trees.  Then the sounds of someone’s video game on surround sound speakers came from a small house behind me somewhere and I saw a phone tower high above the palm trees. I know that not only is civilization encroaching upon this quiet and peaceful existence but so is modernity. In twenty years, there will be hotels and paved streets in this very spot and the river that everyone bathes and washes in will be too polluted to use for anything. It’s not a vision. This was exactly how the most urban places began. Manhattan was once all woods.
When I climbed back on to our schooner, I saw Reid’s primitivist sculptures greeting me and I realize how even in the modern world, the one I grew up in, there are people who understand that society needs to return to some of this simplicity, some of this living with nature and awareness of man, earth and sky unity. The urbanites call it the “Green Movement” or “going green.” That’s why Reid and I were here expressing our urge to get back to nature. We represent those who have come full circle. We are the forerunners just like Reid always said, of humans who are seeking eternity while alive, with the earth, not just on the earth.
Our visit ended with a fiery sunset that made the moment so perfect, I stood for a good ten minutes on deck trying to absorb all that I had seen. Truly, I am privileged to experience the two extremes of life and be a part of it yet outside the drama of both.  It made us translators in a time when both the primitive and the modern were in a transition towards a middle ground, a balance that will include the soul of man as well as the creations of man.
By Reid:
Our life may appear simple and small and since we are not on a record breaking challenge we may not appear as shining examples of humans evolving to new heights, but we are still the “Green Runners.” I see us like the periphery of a plant, little green shoots and vines bursting with life force, growing at a rapid rate, twisting and turning, rolling gently and reaching out into the unknown and beyond. Most of the rest of the plant of humanity doesn’t know we are out here but they are still sending us juice to grow.
A few friends and family are sending us a little money so we can keep going and send back out inspiration to keep nourishing that invisible part of ourselves that is our subconscious. We roam the realms of dreams and in this way are all connected to something bigger in life.  We see the little things we do and simultaneously we see how we are interconnected to the big breathing earth as we fly through space faster than we can comprehend. Then we go into the realm of that which is beyond words and is indescribable. Here we connect to eternity and feel immortal.
Trees Snag on Us
Tuesday, 29 May 2012
April 28, 2012
We often see giant logs and trees floating down the river and some of them snag on us. A few months ago, a log jam hit us and pulled our anchors out of the bottom and drove us into the jungle. The tree in the photo wasn’t big enough to do that. To get that tree out, I had to climb down the anchor line and kick the branches off. The current took the tree away down the Supanaam  River to the big Essequibo River and then down to the ocean that is not far away.
The landing across the river where we row ashore would be a muddy area but over the years the boat builders have thrown their cast off lumber in. At low tide, the rest of the river bank is roots and trees spilling over into the river. My favorite jungle growth  is bamboo. The rest of the jungle is a indiscernible tangle of greenery. The distinct shapes of the bamboo stalks fan out and gracefully bend down over the river. We have learned to see and hear the many moods of the bamboo next to us as the daylight and weather changes. In a strong wind, the big stalks of bamboo tap together making a hollow sounding music. The small soft leaves rustle lightly and twirl as they fall. When the sun sets behind the grove, parts of the jungle take on an intense magical emerald green color. Often I don’t have time to observe all the nuances of jungle because I work so hard, but finally I reached a point of exhaustion. I fell into the hammock and gazed at the jungle around us.
A fifteen minute car ride along the Essequibo river takes us to the open ocean and what a sight it is to see the open ocean after living so long on a little jungle river. It looks like the wide ocean but the water is as brown as the muddy river and tastes fresh. The first time I saw the ocean here was in the twilight just after sailing. Everything was the color pink and mauve with little distinction between the ocean and sky. Something was funny about the ocean. I picked up a rock and threw it as far as I could. The rock landed splat leaving a little crater. It wasn’t water! It was a sea of mud at low tide for as far as I could see. Tons of silt from the Amazon and many other jungle rivers settles all along this NE coast of South America.
Darshen and Daddy Row to School
Tuesday, 17 April 2012
April 17, 2012
Every morning of the week, Darshen and daddy row across the river and walk through Nato’s boatyard. DArshen has his own paddle custom made with his name on it. He proudly helps to paddle ashore. We were inspired by the local Native Americans who paddle their families under colorful sun umbrellas. Even the smallest girls help paddle surprisingly efficiently like their parents. We’ve seen only one canoe on the Supanam river. Most of the river boats are made from chain-sawed planks, but the motor boats used to ferry people are quite finely made with bows that swoop way up.
Work boats carry sawed planks down the river. Barges of logs float down the river using cross-trees as pontoon arms to keep the heavier than water logs from sinking. A five foot long snake swims briskly againstthe strong current next to the schooner lifting his head right out of the water to try to find his way onboard. There is an eight foot tide that would normally make getting onshore a muddy affair, but split and warped planks spill out of Nato’s boatyard and gives us a sort of ramp we can walk on. This is where many village ladies sit waist and chest deep doing their laundry in big brightly colored buckets while their children play and splash around them. This is the colorful jungle river we cross many times a day.
When Darshen and I get on land, we borrow Nato’s bicycle  and head off to nursery school. Everybody says “Good Morning” so we say “Good Morning” twenty times on the way to school. It surprises me how many kids call out “Darshen” when they see us. He is a well known boy in town and is oftern called “Ocean” because he came in on a boat from the ocean.
We are the only people who live on a boat here. In fact, we haven’t seen any signs of anyone else living on a boat since we got to Guyana. It is not easy, but we love living on the water and that makes us unique.
I feel that I do the work of titans and I tire as lunch arrives. I row my young crew of workers ashore, jump out, hop on the bicycle, and ride off to pick up Darshen from school. He will be four in July and we see him experiencing the things of life for the first time. This evening, we went up the steps of his friend Raj’s house and found him watching cartoons. I wasn’t there to hear, but he was going to ask Raj to come out and run with him. Within minutes they and other village kids were running in circles chasing each other and letting out high pitched squeals of joy.
I interrupted the fun to get Darshen home before dark. He insisted I carry him because there were too many hopping toad frogs. I put his life jacket on and rowed him home to Mommy for a big dinner in the cockpit and a bucket bath from the river before bed.
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>

Results 15 - 28 of 800